Memphis Goodwill is looking for a Loss Prevention Associate at our corporate office. Applications are accepted on Memphis Goodwill’s website. Any questions, please reach out to 901-323-6221.
Protects Memphis Goodwill, Inc. (MGI), Memphis Goodwill Industries (MGII), E-Commerce (ECOMM), and Goodwill Excel Center (GEC) assets and interests, thereby lowering expenses to further the mission.
Under the general leadership of the Director of Safety & Risk Management, manages, administers, and implements loss prevention programs and security controls that eliminate risk and loss.
• Facilitate security screening process of all people entering and exiting the facility
• Complete key and badge requests to LP leadership or supervisor
• Assign access to individuals and/or groups with proper approval
• Escalate all critical incidents to business partners (LP leadership, Operations, HR, Safety, etc.)
• Maintains access controls and security tools (keys, badges, etc.)
• Respond to and assist with unlocking/opening doors, escorting associates, or other duties assigned by the Director of Risk Management or Supervisor
• Perform interior and exterior patrols looking for possible theft, vandalism, or unsafe behavior/situation and immediately escalate to the appropriate LP, HR, or Leadership contact
• Utilize CCTV to gather facts and aid in the investigative process
• Respond to and investigate alarms and security/safety incidents as directed,
• Ensure only authorized persons and vehicles are permitted to enter and exit the property.
• Complete all required Security/Safety reports and submit as directed.
• Conduct quality safety and security audits to ensure physical standards are in place and escalate findings of non-compliance
• Assisting with investigations of internal and external theft or fraud and conducting interviews, when appropriate
• Inspiring performance excellence on the part of all security service team members
• Ensuring that you understand, align performance and actions with, and can clearly articulate the guiding principles and core values of the organization and their department
• Meeting or surpassing your objectives that align with the security service model
• Identifying, promoting, and implementing best security practices
• Serving as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management, as well as keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies, and the department’s performance
• Effectively partnering with leadership in evaluating current and future security service’s processes and initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 1+ years’ experience in security service, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or another related field
• Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite, to include intermediate knowledge of Excel
• Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
• Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
• Able to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Training & Experience:
• Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception-Based Reporting, etc.
• Communication skills necessary to guide and direct others, influence change, resolve conflict, and effectively interact with personnel at all levels of the organization. Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, brokers, carriers, vendors, and clients.
• Analytical skills necessary to define and identify risks, collect data, establish facts, and provide valid conclusions.
• Ability to independently determine and develop approaches to solutions under general direction.
• Maintain accurate information and efficient record keeping system.
• Knowledge of and ability to interpret related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications.
• Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
• Workplace Violence and/or crisis management experience
• Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
• Must be able to work occasional after-hours and weekends.
• Incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage and a privately owned reliable means of transportation to travel throughout territory to visit locations.
• Ability to bend, reach and stand, and lift up to twenty-five pounds on an occasional basis.
Critical Performance Factors
• CCTV system is maintained for clarity and function (95%) or current activity report up to date
• All cases must be 100% closed or journal entries must be current
• Overnight donor door theft monitoring is being completed and all cases accounted for
• Site and systems assessment audits are completed monthly & non-compliance issues are resolved in a timely manner