Pay: $16.20/ Hour
JOB SUMMARY: Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Sr. Director of Commercial Contracts, the Janitor Supervisor will be responsible for the on-site supervision and administration of Memphis Goodwill personnel assigned to the specified Janitorial Contract. The Janitorial Supervisor will assist in the hiring, time management, training and evaluation of Goodwill Janitorial personnel to ensure compliance with all contract requirements. The Janitorial Supervisor will ensure compliance with OSHA Federal Guidelines and required MSDS training. The Janitorial Supervisor must be knowledgeable of cleaning products and appropriate cleaning procedures. The Janitorial Supervisor will perform administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Commercial Contracts. The Janitorial Supervisor will evaluate various custodial cleaning methods as they relate to offices, cafeteria, training areas, classrooms, and all restrooms–including carpet, hard floors, furnishings and walls; and identify areas where quality training is needed. The Janitorial Supervisor must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Janitorial Supervisor must be able to effectively relate to individuals with various barriers to employment, cultural backgrounds and disabilities. Successful candidate must have at least 3 years of supervisory/management experience in janitorial, custodial, housekeeping or related field. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate exemplary on-site supervisory and leadership capabilities. Other duties will be assigned by the Senior Director.
1. Supervision, management and training of Janitorial employees.
2. Ensures compliance with contract specifications.
3. Administrative responsibilities; including time management.
4. Provides hands on assistance to janitorial staff.
5. Inspects all buildings before and after clean-up.
6. Ensures removal and proper disposal of trash, debris, and other objects.
7. Assists with the cleaning and preparation.
8. Knowledgeable of contract specifications, clean-up chemicals and equipment.
9. Other duties as assigned by Senior Director.
1. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
2. Walking, Standing, Stooping, Bending, Light Lifting, Climbing.
3. Must be able to tolerate odors and dust.
1. Variations of Temperature
1. Ability to effectively relate to other personalities and cultural backgrounds
2. Ability to work incorporate a team based approach
3. Ability to effectively communicate with others
4. Ability to work well with others.
5. Must demonstrate a professional demeanor
6. Ability to professionally interact with crew members and the general public
7. Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
8. Ability to maintain positive approach under pressure
9. Ability to exercise good judgment
10. Dependability and punctuality a must
1. Must have a valid driver’s license to be able to operate a vehicle.
2. 3-5 years of experience in Janitorial, maintenance, landscaping or related field
3. 2+ year of experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
4. Must assume on-call responsibilities when needed.
5. Must have High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
6. Ability to effectively relate to persons with various types of disabilities, personalities, and cultural backgrounds.
7. Must be able to pass a drug and criminal background check
8. Must have reliable transportation