Pay Rate Starts: $18.00 an hour
Plant Maintenance Worker Responsibilities
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude.
- Must work in safe, professional manner, following company Safety Program policies and OSHA regulations. Wearing of personal protective equipment is required at all time.
- Must promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and have good recognition skills of potential hazards.
- Keep conveyor lines and work areas clean, and ensure proper care and use of hand and power tools.
- Perform regular maintenance on wash plant and field operations equipment. This will include climbing ladders at considerable heights and carrying heaving objects.
- Monitor plant components and notify foreman of changes or parts in need of repair.
- Must be willing to accept training on plant systems, equipment operation, and repair of plant equipment, etc.
- Complete responsibilities in a heavy industrial environment exposed to weather elements and high noise levels.
Plant Maintenance Worker Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and thrive within a flexible work schedule.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with heavy construction equipment and have basic mechanical understanding and skills.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climbing ladders/ stairs with handrails and working at heights up to 75 feet on a platform with guard rails.
- Carrying objects up to 50 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Exposed to all weather elements.
- Exposed to high noise levels.
- Occasional travel to various plant locations in North Mississippi and West Tennessee as needed.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Landscape Worker
- Outdoor Laborer
- Utility Worker
- Construction Worker Apprentice