Exploration Crew – Driller Helper Responsibilities
- Work with Exploration Lead – Driller in the drilling and sampling of soil, sand, gravel, and stone.
- Must comply with all company safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Assist in maintaining mobile and drilling equipment (greases, fuels, and performs minor mechanic work) and other equipment used by the Exploration crew.
- Performs manual labor by assembling and disassembling equipment
- Maintains and completes all required paperwork accurately and timely
- May require transportation of equipment to and from each project
- Assists with surveying and GPS tasks as used in the sand and gravel industry
- Assists with exploration sample analysis, (i.e., gradations, specific gravity, etc.)
Exploration Crew – Driller Helper Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years’ of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and thrive within a flexible work schedule.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with heavy construction equipment and have basic mechanical understanding and skills, preferred.
- Experience in the mining industry, particularly in the area of exploration or environmental/geotechnical drilling
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of environmental rules pertaining to the mining industry, preferred.