Memphis Stone & Gravel Co
Foreman- MSG Aggregate Wash Plant
Southaven, MS 38671
Memphis Stone & Gravel Company is a family owned and operated aggregate supplier to Memphis and the Mid-South. In business since 1910, Memphis Stone & Gravel Company has earned a reputation for supplying outstanding construction materials to the markets it serves. Anchoring our company’s efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships. We have continued to protect lands we mine all the while restoring resources to productive and beautiful uses after mining.
Our products include high quality fine and coarse aggregate for ready-mixed concrete and asphalt concrete. We process a variety of sand products, road base materials, shoulder gravel, clay gravel, landscape rock, drainage rock and pea gravel.
FLSA Status: Exempt
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource… our employees! As part of the family, we offer:
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Bonus Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Service Awards
- Relocation Assistance
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance, Short/ Long Term Disability and Vision
Aggregate Plant Foreman Review
The Aggregate Wash Plant Manager role is a key member of the Production & Manufacturing Division and is responsible for leading the daily task of production requirements in regard to safety, quality, productivity and maintenance. The foreman will be required to maintain a safe, clean and environmentally compliant operation. A strong background in aggregate plant operations with an emphasis on strong leadership and proactive maintenance / repair skills are needed to be successful in this role. This position requires the ability to work safely and efficiently in a multi-tasking environment.
Aggregate Plant Foreman Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained at plant sites, and coordinate with onsite supervisor, manager, lead, etc. to promptly correct safety violations found during regular inspections. Ensure that daily safety meetings are being held.
- Ensure that plant maintenance/inspection schedules are being adhered to. Oversee or perform repairs / maintenance of the plant equipment.
- Ordering parts and supplies as needed and daily production reporting.
- Assist in the annual planning of the winter maintenance process.
- Communicating with manager, production / maintenance teams to ensure successful daily operations.
- Responsible for maintaining proper material quality and inventory levels of material to meet demand.
- Coordination of daily/weekly production schedules with efficient placement of plant personnel to support production.
- Coordination between QC Department, Construction, and Customer Sales Departments
- Assist in on-going training.
- Participation and leadership within our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs.
Aggregate Plant Foreman Requirements
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification.
- 5+ years of aggregate wash plant/mining experience.
- 3+ years of progressive leadership.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of crushers, screens, wash plants, pumps, haul trucks and loaders.
- Familiarity with MSHA regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
Highly Preferred Experience, Education and Qualifications
- 10+ years of aggregate wash plant experience
- 8+ years of progressive leadership
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
- 10% Office environment
- 90% Field environment
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Work will entail visits to multiple sites, including West TN and North MS. Incumbent could be exposed to loud noise, dust, and odor
Success Criteria and Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Exempt Wash Plant Manager should be familiar with office equipment and software including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate should also possess the following:
- Basic knowledge of state and local laws and regulations
- Knowledge of OSHA and other related safety regulations
- Oral Communication – Effectively conveys and receives information between supervisors, managers, customers, coworkers and all employees
- Customer Service – Acts in a professional manner towards haulers, supervisors, managers, customers, coworkers and all employees
- Ethics – Adheres to the policies and procedures set forth by the company and professional standards of conduct; is trustworthy and honest
- Record Keeping – Creation and maintenance of required records
- Results Orientation – Drives self to achieve productivity goals, overcomes challenges
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes the company’s safety rules and procedures; recognizes hazards and anticipates danger, sets an example for safe work behavior
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.