Exploration Crew – Driller Helper Review
Performs duties related to exploration activities as required. May require operation of the drill and/or other mobile equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Also assists in the handling and testing of samples from the drilling/exploration operation in a laboratory environment.
Exploration Crew – Driller Helper Responsibilities
- Work with Exploration Lead – Driller in the drilling and sampling of soil, sand, gravel, and stone.
- Must comply with all company safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Assist in maintaining mobile and drilling equipment (greases, fuels, and performs minor mechanic work) and other equipment used by the Exploration crew.
- Performs manual labor by assembling and disassembling equipment
- Maintains and completes all required paperwork accurately and timely
- May require transportation of equipment to and from each project
- Assists with surveying and GPS tasks as used in the sand and gravel industry
- Assists with exploration sample analysis, (i.e., gradations, specific gravity, etc.)
Exploration Crew – Driller Helper Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years’ of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and thrive within a flexible work schedule.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with heavy construction equipment and have basic mechanical understanding and skills, preferred.
- Experience in the mining industry, particularly in the area of exploration or environmental/geotechnical drilling
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of environmental rules pertaining to the mining industry, preferred.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat, cold, and vibration. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee may also encounter wild animals, dangerous insects, poisonous plants, and other hazards associated with a rugged natural outdoor working environment.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Driller Assistant
- Geotechnical Drilling
- Outdoor Laborer
- Field Worker
- Landscape Worker
- Construction Worker/ Apprentice
It is the policy of Memphis Stone & Gravel Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Please apply at Memphis Stone & Gravel Careers