Our mission Supporting the independence of vulnerable seniors and families in crisis through high-impact programs. Our vision Uniting the community through service. Our values Welcome and respect all people. Act with integrity. Value individual initiative and ability. Serve individuals and the community as an act of faith. Balance humanitarian goals with sound business practices.
MIFA provides a workplace that supports our strategic goal of serving more. Our people strategies create a culture that:
- assumes 100% accountability for the quality and integrity of our work
- embraces the use of technology
- encourages big and small innovation in problem solving, project management and idea generation
- is vibrant, adapts to change and offers opportunities for personal and professional growth
Job title: Impact and Communications Specialist Reports to: Director of Impact and Communications
Compensation level: Para-Professional A Full-time Non-Exempt
Posting date: December 6, 2021
Closing date: December 20, 2021
Specialists at MIFA
Specialists serve essential support functions within their areas, often with a focus on reporting, including organizing information by studying, classifying, and interpreting data. They are skilled in Microsoft Office applications and other software relevant to their areas. They are detail-oriented and efficient with the skill to specialize in a particular function: administrative specialists generally prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; program specialists generally assess program needs and design activities and engagement opportunities to meet those needs, with a responsibility to consistently use available technology and look for opportunities to innovate.
The Impact and Communications Specialist position is ideal for a motivated, energetic, detail-oriented individual who is excited to contribute to and support program compliance, continuous improvement, and the communication of MIFA’s programmatic and fiscal impact. This role will serve a key function in MIFA’s continuous improvement framework by supporting the collection, analysis, and reporting of program data to ensure MIFA’s continued commitment to high-impact service, as well as incorporating those results in MIFA’s marketing and communications. This position offers a unique opportunity to work within a dynamic team of communications and fundraising professionals and to regularly collaborate with staff in all MIFA programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year’s experience in some combination of nonprofit administrative or direct service, communications, or another related role
- Proficiency in operating communication systems (computer, email, telephone, fax, scanner, presentation equipment, etc.), Microsoft Word and Excel
Major responsibilities and related tasks
In partnership with the Director of Impact and Communications, support MIFA’s continuous improvement framework: Measure, analyze, learn, and improve
- Work with program staff to facilitate the collection and reporting of monthly and annual program service numbers
- Run and understand reports in client databases while maintaining confidentiality of client records
- Become familiar with program service data and develop the ability to identify trends and areas of concern
- Administer annual surveys of program participants, and coordinate data entry of results in SurveyMonkey, using volunteers when possible
- Promote 100% accountability for the quality of program data
Support program recordkeeping compliance in accordance with funder requirements
- Become familiar with program regulations and internal program goals
- Work with program staff to coordinate annual or semi-annual program file reviews to ensure consistency and compliance
- Coordinate annual policy and procedure manual reviews for program and volunteer areas to identify gaps in compliance and need for updates
- Support programs in preparing for audits and monitoring visits as needed
Support MIFA’s development team, particularly in communicating the impact of MIFA’s programs
- Assist development and community engagement staff in the creation of compelling, impact-based messaging to inspire community support
- Participate in planning discussions and support the execution of specific direct mail fundraising campaigns including MIFA Holiday Cards and the No-Go Gala as needed
Assist in special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
– Ability to learn a diverse range of skills related to nonprofit service and communications
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with the general public in person and by phone
– Ability to work in a fast-paced, project-based environment as part of a dynamic team
– Ability to complete duties independently and on schedule
– Ability to use various databases to access and interpret client and stakeholder data (SAMS, ServTracker, CoactionNet, Raiser’s Edge), as well as survey management in SurveyMonkey
– Ability to interact with and research local community resources to develop networking opportunities
– Strong analytical skills
– Ability to handle organizational, client, and donor information confidentially and discreetly
– Willingness to support a wide range of department functions as needed
– Ability to welcome and respect people of diverse ages, races, and household compositions, as well as persons in crisis
Director of Impact and Communications Salary range: $16.00 to $18.00
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.
MIFA employment guidelines
MIFA is an equal opportunity employer. MIFA is a non-smoking facility.
Employment documents: (1) Application and/or resume; (2) I-9; (3) Form W-4; (4) Official transcripts verifying education if education is a requirement of the job; (5) Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required. Reasonable accommodations available for ADA, Medical and Religious exemptions. Employment authorization and identification: Current federal law requires that documents be presented which verify both employment authorization and identification. One or more of the following documents must be presented before employment: Social Security card, state driver’s license/identification, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, other U.S. government document.
Please note that it is the practice of MIFA not to allow the employment of relatives or of those living at the same address other than in the job classifications of special, temporary, or substitute.