Job title: Grant Accountant Reports to: Director of Accounting
Compensation level: Para-Professional D Full-time Exempt
Posting date: April 8, 2022
Closing date: April 22, 2022
The Grant Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to accounting for disbursements and the receipts of grant revenues for various grants; preparing reimbursement reports and funding reports; and other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in accounting or equivalent from an accredited university. A minimum of 15 credit hours in accounting.
- Three years of progressive experience preparing balance sheets, general ledger preparation and posting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Two years’ experience as a grant accountant performing similar duties, preferably in a nonprofit or government environment
- Three years’ experience analyzing, evaluating, and summarizing financial records for accuracy in conformance with GAAP rules and regulations
- Working knowledge and experience with Blackbaud accounting software, preferred
- Proficient at operating standard office equipment, including desktop and laptop computers, print/fax/scanners, and presentation equipment, as well as basic software, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Major responsibilities and related tasks
Budgeting using Financial Edge and other Software
- Ensure that budget updates are revised and updated in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain budget spreadsheets.
- Ensures the financial integrity of departmental, grant, and designated budgets by monitoring balances and expenditures
- Participate in preparation of annual agency financial audit
- Collaborate with other department managers to support program goals and objectives.
- Embrace the technology available to MIFA and the accounting department and look for opportunities for further innovation.