Material Transfer Machine- Shuttle Buggy
Shuttle Buggy Operator Responsibilities
- Discuss plans and goal for the day/ week with crew foreman and determine best method of getting assigned work completed safely, productively and in a timely manner.
- Performs equipment maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and maintaining fluid levels on equipment.
- Communicates clearly with other crew members and work as a team in order to accomplish daily goals.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Assist construction / paving crew with various duties such as shoveling, raking digging, spreading and leveling construction materials.
- Assist in traffic control such as the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
Shuttle Buggy Operator Requirements
- 2+ years’ experience in DOT/ construction project work
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and/or CDL license with appropriate classification
- Willingness to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed
- Basic knowledge of state/ local laws and OSHA/ MSHA safety regulations
CDL Driver- with Tanker Endorsement (Grenada, MS)
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in being a cooperative team member who displays a positive and supportive attitude.
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment while operating all heavy equipment.
- Follow instructions from crew foremen, leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors and officials.
- Water truck and distributor truck operation and daily maintenance.
Semi-Skilled Worker CDL Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- CDL license is required for this position with an acceptable driving history.
- Must have a tanker endorsement on driver’s license.
- Minimum 1 year of road construction and paving experience or other commercial construction experience; thorough understanding of asphalt paving and roadway construction fundamentals required.
- Must be able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment.
- Accurately and regularly complete site checks and monitor traffic behavior and/or flow to ensure that safety is always maintained.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry materials up to 50 pounds.
- Raking and shoveling asphalt.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.