LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY – A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company’s efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource… our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations/ Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability
Operations Coordinator Summary
The Operations Coordinator is a linchpin of support for our internal customers and a fleet of independent carriers. This position will research and review internal operations and use our Operational Management Software to ensure materials’ accuracy and timely movement throughout our area of operations. Computer skills are required for this position, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn our Operational Management Software.
Operations Coordinator Responsibilities
- Ensure data integrity for accurate carrier compensation.
- Monitor movements and identify and resolve issues in real-time.
- Create, assign, monitor, and approve material transactions.
- Communicate with carriers to verify proper carrier compensation.
- Serve as a liaison with carriers to provide tactical solutions that improve daily operations and processes.
- Support Logistics Dispatch to schedule and assign carrier dispatches.
- Find, research, and resolve discrepancies with carrier invoices and determine root causes and corrective action.
Operations Coordinator Requirements
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years related experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
- A flexible and dependable schedule that requires attention outside of regular working hours.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- 90% Office/ 10% Field
- Travel between sites where there may be loud noise, dust and odor.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Logistics Coordinator
- Data Entry in Operations
- Customer Service in Construction Industry
- Banking experience
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/774829?confirmID=252be692-7094-4ffd-9200-41b12bfb8e61