The Outreach Manager is a motivated, highly organized team player providing
coordination, oversight and development of The Shell’s newest outreach
education program called Shell on Wheels. Shell on Wheels builds community
through access to the performing arts in communities of Memphis and Shelby
County lacking access to the Shell. This position is full-time/salaried and reports
directly to the Executive Director. The Outreach Manager will develop and
maintain partnerships with local nonprofits and community organizations as well
as city/county government agencies, community centers serving low-income
communities. The role will be focused on building and sustaining relationships
that result in bringing Shell on Wheels to communities not connected to The
Shell. The Community Outreach Manager will also recruit, train and support
community liaison interns as needed to disseminate information/public-input.
Additionally, the Outreach Manager will build a revenue model for sustaining
Shell on Wheels such as grants, local investors and/or opportunity for Shell on
Wheels to be contracted for turn-key programming.
● Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
● Develop weekly reports to the Executive Director
● High degree of vision, initiative, and detail
● Strong interpersonal skills and flexible working style
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and the use of the Internet as a
research tool; Additionally, become proficient in the use of Survey Monkey
for public survey/input
● Passion for and commitment to The Shell’s mission
● Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required
Competitive Salary + Benefits package including health benefits, Employee
Assistance Program (EAP) and monthly cell phone stipend.
If you are interested in joining The Shell Team, send cover letter and resume, including completed Shell Employment Application to Jennifer Ulm: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or click here