To ensure the proper and efficient running of equipment to manufacture and deliver metal end finished goods to customers.
- Must perform all job duties in accordance with documented safety guidelines (Job Safety Analyses, Hazardous Energy Control Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures) including: Trailer Lock-Out, Changing Banding or Stretch Film, etc.
- Responsible for staging of raw materials, removal of packaging including stretch wrap and banding, threading of aluminum and steel coils, placement of metal strips into press magazine, and accurate placement and threading of large steel coils on multi-die presses.
- Responsible for managing and tamping of scrap as used metal is discharged from press. This includes scrap metal coil that is tamped, discharged metal strip skeletons, and chopped scrap from ribbon fed presses.
- Responsible for housekeeping, organization and cleanliness of assigned area as required by Master Sanitation Schedule. This includes regular wiping of the press equipment, clean-up of metal ends spilled on the floor, scrap pieces and chopped ends.
- Must be willing to work overtime as scheduled. Overtime requirements may be as much as twelve hours per day for seven days a week.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs when necessary and meet all physical requirements of the position as detailed on the job requirements form.
- Must be able to stand on concrete for extended periods, twist frequently, regular bending forward to facilitate jam removal, and the safe removal and placement of guards.
- Must be able to safely manage sharp metal surfaces with appropriate PPE and navigate narrow passage among sharp surfaces in and around equipment. Ability to navigate multiple obstacles on the concrete floor including oil pans, pallets of raw material and ends, multiple hoses and conduit, and contaminates located on the floor.
- Able to manage all PPE requirements including cut-resistant sleeves and gloves, hearing protection, safety eyewear, goggles and face shield, and any other specialized PPE required for specific tasks.
- Responsible for all tasks as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
High school diploma or GED required. One year of manufacturing or production experienced preferred. Must successfully complete appropriate job testing requirements.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and to complete assignments.
- Ability to maintain awareness of surroundings.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and meet changing priorities.
- Written and verbal communication skills.