|RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR SUBSTITUTE|
|Department: Social Development||Reports To: Senior Residential Counselor|
|Classification: Non-Exempt||Dates of (1st) Posting: 06/28/2022 – 07/06/2022|
|Status: On-Call||Salary: Contact Human Resources|
Responsible for a professional level of student support and performance of duties necessary for an orderly operation of the dormitory program. Responsible for the supervision of students to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Ensures orderly, clean living conditions by scheduling and supervising clean up and submitting repair requests.
- Provides supervision for the cafeteria, laundry, special activities (on and off Center) and other areas of the program as scheduled or assigned.
- Identifies and assists students in handling special problems and conducts dormitory meetings.
- Maintains communication with students’ counselors, instructors, and with other staff members.
- Attends staff in-service training sessions and other training or meetings as directed.
- Establishes a close working relationship with students, dealing justly and impartially regardless of their ability, achievement or background, and works to motivate them toward goals.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social work, human services or psychology or related instruction)
Experience: One year of counseling or related experience.
Days/Hours: On Call on an as needed basis.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Regular Driver License is required. A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and appropriate credentials to:
Finch-Henry Job Corps Center
Attn: Human Resources
Visit our website at
An Equal Opportunity Employer