Preferred candidate will be located in Shelby county. If you have a passion for supporting others and their goals, join us! Starting Salary of 40K
Navigate Reconnect is a state initiative designed to provide high touch wrap around support to adult learners through postsecondary education. Navigate Reconnect sits under the Tennessee Reconnect umbrella. Navigate Reconnect serves over 29,000 Reconnectors in Tennessee.
Navigate Reconnect supports adults in returning to college to complete a degree they started or enrolling for the first time and then supports them through degree completion. The full-time Navigator provides navigation support and guidance to adults, from the decision to return to college, through consideration of college choices, assistance with the financial aid process, understanding and solving issues, academic and non-academic, that stand in the way of successful enrollment and degree completion. The Navigator must have a proven record of commitment to promoting student success as a means to improve the economic and civic well-being of individuals and communities.
This position is a remote work from home position that reports directly to the Navigate Reconnect Regional Director. The Reconnect Navigator will be provided a laptop and cell phone for professional use. The Navigator must work in a physical location in their assigned service area, preferably Shelby county, where internet and 4G service is accessible. Position may require occasional travel.
This is an exempt, full time, salaried position. Work hours will include occasional late evenings and weekends, to accommodate the schedules of adult learners.
West Tennessee service area includes the following counties: Lake, Obion, Weakley, Henry, Benton, Dyer, Gibson, Carroll, Lauderdale, Crockett, Madison, Henderson, Decatur, Haywood, Chester, Hardeman, Shelby, Tipton, Fayette, McNairy and Hardeman.
|Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate adults to return to college to complete their education with the support of Navigate Reconnect.
- Provide advising, support, assistance, follow-up, and referrals to Reconnectors (adult learners).
- Provide financial aid assistance to Reconnectors and make referrals, when necessary.
- Utilize client relationship management system in capturing data, advising, monitoring Reconnector progress, as well as managing and monitoring self and team workflow.
- Provide timely reports on services rendered to clients of Navigate Reconnect.
- Participate in college fairs or other outreach events.
- Attend and facilitate coordinated activities with partner organizations, community-based organizations, and partner colleges and universities.
- All other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of college admissions, academic advising, transcript analysis, and financial aid as they pertain to adult students. Ability to provide developmental advising to adult students and encourage outcomes-directed solutions.
- Understanding of academic and non-academic issues surrounding adult learners and specifically adult college students.
- Understanding and ability to work with individuals with various values, lifestyles, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
|Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.) required.
- Minimum two years of advising experience. Case management experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated starter, able to work independently while functioning well as part of a team.
- Proven performance based on results and metrics, and close adherence to schedules and commitments.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with various diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Facility using Microsoft Office and web platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Commitment to promoting student success as a means to improve the economic and civic well-being of individuals and communities.
- Knowledge of community-based organizations, and organizations in the region related to educational attainment and student success preferred.
- Some local travel required (less than 25 percent). Work hours will include some evenings and occasional weekends.