USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
Opening and Closing Dates: 03/14/2022 – 03/18/2022
Position Title: Deckhand, Revetment Units
Full Performance Level: XF-06
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is Ensley Engineer Yard.
Hourly Salary Range: $19.35 – $22.57
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Seasonal
Seasonal statement: This is a full-time permanent seasonal position. Seasonal signifies an
annually, recurring period of employment of less than 2087 hours per year. During non-work
periods you will be placed in a non-duty, non-pay status.
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is approximately 50% of the time
Who May Apply: For all U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Incumbent serves as a Deckhand on the Revetment Units and
performs a variety of work involved in the operation, maintenance, and repair of the deck and
general housekeeping functions on dredges, towboats, barges, or other floating plant vessels.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment
employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The
employees work 12 workdays on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in
hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically
a 10-hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard,
Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr.
Qualifications Requirements: For all U.S. citizens
Conditions of Employment:
• Must meet suitability for Federal employment
• Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment
Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
• Personnel security investigation required
• Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
• Drug Test and Physical Required
• Two-year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable [preferably a pdf]
1) Via Email: to: Kevin.W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
2) Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Deckhand,
Revetment Units, XF-5788-06
3) Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 3/18/2022
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume will
not be considered.