USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 08/09/2021 – 08/13/2021
Position Title: Electronic Industrial Controls Mechanic
Full Performance Level: XF-12
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is the Ensley Engineer Yard, position requires TDY travel and mandatory overtime.
Hourly Salary Range: $29.05 – $33.91
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is over 50% of the time
Who May Apply: Open to all U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Performs the full range of maintenance, repair and installation services in connection with industrial, electronic, electrical-electronic electro-hydraulic and electromechanical controls as contained on various equipment and systems. Involves Installation diagnosis, disassembly, preventive maintenance, overhaul, major repair, (inclusive of fabrication of parts as necessary), modification, adjustment, reassembly and calibration of a variety of associated equipment.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The employees work 12 work days on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically a 10 hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard, Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr. Can be assigned to work on Hired Labor projects.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must meet suitability for Federal employment
- Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation required
- Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
- Drug Test and Physical Required
- Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply:
- Via Email: to: W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
- Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Electronic Industrial Controls Mechanic, Revetment Branch, XF-2606-12
- Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 8/13/2021
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume will not be considered.
Disclaimer: You are about to provide person data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process