USACE Memphis District:
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 11/15/21 – 11/19/21
Position Title: Welder
Full Performance Level: XF-10
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is Ensley Engineer Yard.
Hourly Salary Range: $25.84 – $30.15
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is approximately 50% of the time
Who May Apply: For all U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Performs welder duties using electric, acetylene and/or inert gas
shielded welding processes. Makes a wide range of welds from simple to precision welding;
determining disassemble or repair necessary and materials to be used. Works with light,
heavy gauge and hardened metals, welding all the various types of weldable items
assigned, using flat, vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment
employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The
employees work 12 work days on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in
hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically
a 10 hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard,
Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr.
Qualifications Requirements: For all U.S. citizens
Conditions of Employment:
• Must meet suitability for Federal employment
• Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment
Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
• Personnel security investigation required
• Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
• Drug Test and Physical Required
• Two-year probationary period is required.
Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty location or work
arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or before
entrance on duty if after November 22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what documentation is
needed and how to request any legally required exceptions from this requirement.
Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance with this mandate, review
the vaccination requirements, to include timelines for receiving required doses, at the
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable
1) Via Email: to: Kevin.W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.Beasley@usace.army.mil.
2) Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Welder, Revetment, XF-3703-10
3) Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 11/19/2021
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain resume will not be considered.