USACE Memphis District
We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
Opening and Closing Dates: 03/14/2022 – 03/18/2022
Position Title: Revetment Worker
Full Performance Level: XF-04
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is Ensley Engineer Yard.
Hourly Salary Range: $16.08 – $18.72
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Seasonal
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is greater than 50% of the time
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Hooks and unhooks lifting frame from concrete mattress sections in
congested areas in the close proximity to cranes or derrick boats transferring loads from barges
to mattress fabricating plant or loading to trucks from casting field and loading from trucks to
barges. Guides pickup frame to loads and guides load into place when being lowered by crane.
Fastens or unfastens slings, rigging, etc., for loads in movement by crane or derrick boat in
connection with revetment construction operations.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment
employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The
employees work 12 workdays on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in
hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically
a 10-hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard,
Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr. Can be assigned to work on Hired Labor
projects. This is a full-time permanent seasonal position. Seasonal signifies an annually,
recurring period of employment of less than 2087 hour per year. During non-work periods you
will be placed in non-duty, non-pay status.
Qualifications Requirements: Open to all US citizens.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must meet suitability for Federal employment
• Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment
Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
• Personnel security investigation required
• Drug test and physical required
• Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
• Two year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable [preferably a pdf]
1) Via Email: to: Kevin.W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy
2) Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Revetment
3) Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 3/18/2022
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not
contain resume will not be considered.