We are seeking motivated individuals to work in Operations Division
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR:
Certain Competitive Service Positions covered by Section 9905
Opening and Closing Dates: 01/17/2023 – 01/23/2023
Position Title: Winchman
Full Performance Level: XF-07
Duty Location: Official Duty Station is Ensley Engineer Yard
Hourly Salary Range: $21.61 – $25.23
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Seasonal
Travel Requirement: Temporary Duty Travel is greater than 50% of the time
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Responsibilities/Duties: Is assigned to operate electric or diesel-powered winch either in
connection with movement of plant engaged in bank grading operations, spud winches for
clearing and snagging or stone placement operations, winches in connection with mat loading
operation or any other winches in connection with the Memphis Districts Revetment program.
Schedule: During the Revetment season, typically June through December, all Revetment
employees, including this position, travel in various locations along the Mississippi River. The
employees work 12 workdays on & have 2 days off. Employees will be on TDY & will lodge in
hotels within the vicinity of the work area. During the work season this position works typically
a 10-hour shift. During the non-Revetment season, the crew works at Ensley Engineer Yard,
Memphis, TN, on either a 5-day/8-hour or 4-day/10-hr. Can be assigned to work on Hired Labor
Qualifications Requirements: Open to all US citizens.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must meet suitability for Federal employment
• Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment
Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
• Personnel security investigation required
• Drug test and physical required
Disclaimer: You are about to provide person data. By completing this online application, you are authorizing the US Army Engineer Memphis District to use this data in the recruiting, application, and selection process
• Reasonable accommodation is available to qualified employees with disabilities
• Two-year probationary period is required.
How to Apply: Please provide your current resume, must be readable [preferably .pdf]
1) Via Email: to: Kevin.W.Williams@usace.army.mil, and copy Lauren.L.firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Please ensure your email has the following subject line: Direct Hire of Winchman,
3) Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 1/23/2022
Application packages that are received after the closing date, or do not contain a resume will
not be considered.