Wash Plant Assistant Superintendent Review
The Wash Plant Assistant Superintendent role is a key member of the Production & Manufacturing Division supporting the enterprise by assisting the Wash Plant Superintendent with managing: plant production planning and aggregate mining; employee hiring, training and scheduling plant maintenance while effectively and efficiently overseeing the safety and quality of wash plants and its employees and production. The Wash Plant Assistant Superintendent role requires organization, goal orientated, self-directed, with the ability to handle the supervision of several employees spread over multiple sites with minimal supervision or supplied information.
Wash Plant Assistant Superintendent Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained at plant sites, and coordinate with onsite supervisor, manager, lead, etc. to promptly correct safety violations found during regular inspections.
- Ensure that daily safety meetings are being held and participate in at least one per week at one of the asphalt plants
- Coordination of daily/weekly production schedules with efficient placement of plant personnel to support production.
- Coordination and communications with QC personnel and onsite supervisor, manager, lead, etc. to ensure full adherence to project specifications.
- Coordination between QC Department, Construction and Customer Sales Departments
- Ensure that plant maintenance/inspection schedules are being adhered to.
- Assist in the annual planning of the winter maintenance process.
- Assist in on-going training
- Participation and leadership within our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs
Wash Plant Assistant Superintendent Requirements
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification
- 8+ years of mining/wash plant experience.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership
- Familiarity with surface mining and various manufacturers of wash plant equipment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
Highly Preferred Experience, Education and Qualifications
- 10+ years of mining and wash plant experience.
- 8+ years of progressive leadership
- Experience in green fielding a new plant site including necessary site work, infrastructure construction, and plant equipment erection.
- College degree is strongly preferred