Direct Support Professional for ID/DD industry
Responsible for direct care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Must be able
and willing to go from home to home, working with numerous individuals based on the needs of the
agency. Must be extremely reliable, trustworthy, committed; able to follow multiple instructions and
tasks. Able to work in a fast paced, hectic environment with ease.
- Ability to be trained and comprehend all individuals ISP’s, BSP’s, and therapy plans if applicable.
Any additional training based upon the needs of the individual.
- Ability to lift at least one-fourth of own body weight unassisted and ability to perform unassisted
transfers of individuals with adaptive equipment (lift belts, Hoyer lifts, etc.). Ability to perform any
physical demands, including but not limited to behavioral interventions, based upon the specific
needs of the individual.
- Ability to handle all aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect, and care.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Operation of a motor vehicle is required which includes proof of a valid driver’s license and an
ability to qualify as a designated driver under WTFS insurance guidelines.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel among homes during assigned shifts.
- All DIDD training current, including CPR/1st Aid, PCM, and Med Admin.
- Flexibility – Must be able to work with all levels of individuals, work in all homes, and support
both male and female individuals.
- May need to escort or attend to individual at the hospital and/or drs appt, must be willing to do
- Responsiveness – must possess ability to respond quickly and move from home to home as
needed throughout assigned shift.
- Must be professional and able to work with all employees, various FT’s, and AOD in a
- Must be willing and able to follow directions from management staff with a cooperative and
- Must communicate incidents and issues timely, adequately, and appropriately to management.
- Must have good documentation skills, ability to write specific notes as required and all other
necessary tracking forms, other documentation as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Shifts Available: 2nd and 3rd with alternating weekends