virtual activities at the library
We have plenty of virtual activities to explore:
- Dig Memphis Mysteries: Help us solve archival mysteries using your own knowledge or online tools such as old city directories, newspapers, and more.
- Virtual Escape Rooms: Our teen librarians have set up virtual escape rooms. The current room is "Memphis Murder Mystery".
- Votes for Women: Explore our online exhibit celebrating the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
- Genealogy Research: Ancestry Library is temporarily available from home. Access that and other genealogy resources from our Genealogy page.
- Visit our Learn page to explore other topics.
virtual programming from our partners
Many of our partners that would offer programs within the Library are also providing virtual programming. Here is a list:
- American Red Cross is offering free virtual emergency preparedness classes: Be Red Cross Ready for ages 13+ and The Pillowcase Project for ages 8-12. Register HERE.
- Crosstown Concourse is posting International Storytimes on their Vimeo page, along with many other videos.
- Dixon Gallery and Gardens is posting “Dixon at Home” arts and crafts videos on their facebook page.
- Hattiloo Theatre is offering videos of past performances and other video discussions.
- HopeWorks is providing HiSet Classes online. Please call (901) 396-8800
- Levitt Shell is replaying past concerts every Friday on their facebook page.
- Memphis Zoo is offering live videos and other virtual programs through their facebook page.
- National Civil Rights Museum is offering their Small But Mighty storytime virtually, as well as other programs this summer.
- Opera Memphis has been producing videos on their various social media platforms.
- SCORE - Small Business Live Webinars.
- The Tennessee Higher Education Commission is offering FAFSA assistance on numerous days and times. Visit HERE for more information and to register.
We provide ample opportunities to enjoy Memphis Music at the Library through nightly shows on FM 89.9 WYPL, a listening station in the History department to listen to classic/rare Memphis music. We have various live performances throughout the year. We also help teens produce their own music. Learn more HERE.