Libraries are open for computer use and book checkout; however, all in-person programs, tours, and outreach services have been suspended until further notice. Please join us virtually!
We provide ample opportunities to enjoy Memphis Music at the Library through nightly shows on FM 89.9 WYPL, a listening station in the History department to listen to classic/rare Memphis music. We have various live performances throughout the year. We also help teens produce their own music. Learn more HERE.
We offer tours for all ages. Children who are familiar with their local libraries are more likely to become regular library users. We can also offer tours of the CLOUD901 Teen Learning Lab as well as a public art tour of Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library. Click HERE for more details.
virtual programming from our partners
Many of our partners that would offer programs within the Library are also providing virtual programming. Here is a list:
- American Red Cross is offering free virtual emergency preparedness classes: Be Red Cross Ready for ages 13+ and The Pillowcase Project for ages 8-12. Register HERE.
- Dixon Gallery and Gardens is posting “Dixon at Home” arts and crafts videos on their facebook page.
- Hattiloo Theatre is offering videos of past performances and other video discussions.
- HopeWorks is providing HiSet Classes online. Please call (901) 396-8800
- Levitt Shell is replaying past concerts every Friday on their facebook page.
- Memphis Zoo is offering live videos and other virtual programs through their facebook page.
- National Civil Rights Museum is offering their Small But Mighty storytime virtually, as well as other programs this summer.
- Opera Memphis has been producing videos on their various social media platforms.