OUTREACH – bringing Memphis Public Libraries to the community
- Library Programs
- Library Awareness and Information
- Library card sign-up
- STEM demonstrations
- Computer Classes
- Schools, daycares, community meetings and events, medical facilities
Not everyone can get to the library when it is open or access library resources digitally. Our goal is to offer equitable access to library resources and programs by bringing the library into the community, especially to underserved and underrepresented populations.
WHAT WE CAN BRING TO YOU AND HOW TO REQUEST OUTREACH OR GET MORE INFORMATION
- Connect Crew: Computer Classes, STEAM programs for children, tweens, and teens, programs for adults, general library outreach and library card sign-up. Check out our recent newsletter, Crew News, to see what we’ve been up to recently. See something on our Events calendar that you would like to bring to your school, camp, community event? If we’re not using an outside presenter, we can create a mobile version of the program. Request a program. Questions? Call 901-415-2850 or email the Connect Crew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DiscoverREAD on the Go: Based on the principles of Every Child Ready to Read, we provide meaningful activities that meet the developmental needs of children ages birth to five. Includes storytime and interactive items for children and caregivers to enjoy together. Request DiscoverREAD on the Go. Questions? Contact Dara Gonzalez, (901) 415-2846, email@example.com.
- Techie Seniors: Geared towards individuals who want to learn the basics of how to use their iPad or tablet. The classes generally follow a two-part curriculum ranging from basic functions to accessing library services. We can supply iPads and tablets for participants to use, but they are more than welcome to bring their own. Request Techie Seniors. For more information, contact Taylor Thomas, (901) 415-2850, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Therapy Dogs: The purpose of offering therapy dog services from the Memphis Public Libraries is to provide a warm and friendly welcome to all. The laidback personalities of the dogs can create a stress free environment. Therapy dogs and their handlers are highly trained to work with the public in various venues and with many types of people. They can increase morale and motivation while nurturing human and animal interactions according to the Alliance of Therapy Dogs.
- JobLINC: https://www.memphislibrary.org/joblinc/
- LINC/211: https://www.memphislibrary.org/linc-2-1-1/