The Neighborhood Christian Centers, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic, ministry minded people for immediate hire. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Anyone interested in applying and want to be considered for an interview, please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00p on Thursday, October 27, 2022. Please see the job description below.
The following positions are open for immediate hire.
SITE ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
COMPENSATION: $16.57 per hour (based on 35 hours per week)
General Purpose of Position:
Providesupport in the daily operation of the site and works in unison with the Site Engagement Coordinator.
- Assists in carrying out all programs and services at the site.
- Should exhibit a pleasant demeanor with neighbors, agency representatives, and staff when performing daily tasks.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of the Site-Based Services’ departmental policies and procedure manual.
- Prepare the sites for programs by arranging the available office space to host the programs.
- Aggressively recruit participants for adult and youth engagement activities and all other events. (proved by weekly status updates). Recruiting includes physically knocking on tenant’s doors and letting them know about the programs that are available at the site. Recruiting also involves routinely receiving demographic information from the Resident Manager for the purpose of calling, visiting, and disseminating information to those specific tenants who match our programs and their needs.
- Should be able to identify the needs of participants to maximize their optimal potential.
- Performs home & neighbor engagement visitations using assigned assessments and tools (which includes observation of the home and identifying the critical needs, Case Management).
- Learn and facilitate all youth engagement activities.
- Maintain and input data for Compassionate services, adult and youth engagement programs and services.
- Assist with maintaining an environment for learning during programs.
- Maintain accurate office files for program participants.
- Attend all departmental meetings, program planning sessions and site activities.
- Input data for Compassionate services, adult and youth services.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, 1 -2 years of college preferred
· Desire to work in urban ministry preferred.
· Must possess interpersonal skills to work with children and adults.
· Must have written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to demonstrate knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Interest in and ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission, and Values.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurance
- Occasional off-campus travel is required (Fundraising events, meetings, etc.)
- Indoor and outdoor activities subject to weather conditions
- Those without physical limitations may be asked to participate in games/events with students (which may include excessive walking, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION: $16.00 per hour (based on 35 hours per week)
Provide general operational, custodial support and all tasks related to the warehouse and departmental duties within the department under the supervision of the Senior Director of Operations & Compassionate Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Exhibit pleasant demeanor with staff, visitors, donors and neighbors.
· Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by upholding standards and followed specified procedures.
· Performs daily custodial tasks as scheduled and/or as needed, including: dusting, wiping, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, sanitizing, etc. the building and offices.
· Restock and order supplies as needed.
· Maintain a clean and neat utility room of supplies and equipment.
· Meet and greets donors with courtesy as donations are picked up or received.
· Assist with the unloading of trucks.
· Serve as the alternate truck driver and truck rider as needed.
· Perform all operational duties within the department and warehouse as needed.
· Perform other duties as deemed necessary by organization’s management.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
· Must have a valid driver license and ability to drive a bob truck; Good driving record
· Must have reliable transportation
· Experience working in warehouse environment and/or in custodial capacity
· Communicate and interacts well with others: team members, adults and children
· Ability to understand multi-step written and oral procedures/instructions
· Adherence to NCC policies/procedures, including safety and health practices
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
· Interest in and the ability to articulate the NCC Statement of Faith, Mission and Values
· Ability to walk, push, pull, lift, stand as well as operate equipment.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (when needed in the warehouse)