Library staff are frequently asked for assistance in using computer software such as word processing and other productivity software, CD-ROM programs, or online services such as web-based email.
The Library attempts to meet this need in several ways:
- Limited direct assistance by staff (Available staff assistance will vary according to the level of activity in the Library)
- Instructional guides posted at each computer
- Referrals to detailed instructional guides available for reference or checkout from the library
- Referrals to “help screens” or tutorials included in the computer programs themselves
- Referrals to computer instruction classes offered locally