Asphalt Plant Operator Review
Operates asphalt plant for the production of hot mix asphalt and other mix designs used in the construction and maintenance of roadways. Requires a thorough understanding of the asphalt manufacturing process, plant repairs and maintenance.
Asphalt Plant Operator Responsibilities
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment.
- Follow directions of foreman; work collaboratively as a team exhibiting core values.
- Understanding of asphalt plant’s components, functions and safe operation.
- Inputs numeric and operational data into computer system for plant production activities
- Operates controls for loading trucks with material
- Monitors material temperature and quality
- Must be willing and able to assist in daily preventive maintenance and plant repairs, inventory control, ordering materials and record keeping
Asphalt Plant Operator Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate required.
- One year of experience in asphalt plant production and/or operations required.
- Mechanical/Electrical trouble shooting and Welding abilities is a plus.
- Must be familiar with automated plant controls (PMII or PMIII ASTEC controls) Preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Flexible schedule required, including early start times, Saturdays and some night work.
- Travel to other plant locations in North Mississippi and West TN could be required.