Assist the Lead Teacher in providing a safe, loving learning environment where children grow and feel accepted. They are responsible for implementing program, goals, and classroom objectives and performing related work as required for children six (6) weeks to five (5) years old.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Assist Lead Teacher as directed, including working with children to develop language, motor, social and cognitive skills.
• Supervise class in Lead Teacher’s absence.
• Attend and participate in periodic staff meetings.
• Administer medication to children as per parents’ instructions.
• Maintain good communication with parents by properly greeting them and their children in the morning and afternoon; keep parents informed of the day’s activities and accomplishments by completing daily activity reports.
• Feed and change babies/toddlers and perform cleaning duties as assigned by the Teacher.
• Handle accidents responsibly.
• Meet children’s physical and emotional needs and set a good example for children to follow.
• Perform any other duties as instructed by the Director or Director of Life Center Ministries.
• Willing to be trained and obtain the required annual training.
• Must be available to work a full time shift between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday-Friday, working a 9 hour shift with an hour unpaid lunch break.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Compassion and empathy.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Creative thinking.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• At least one year of experience with children is required.
• Current CDA/AA in Early Childhood Development preferred.
To apply please email a copy of your resume to Josie Wallace @ email@example.com