GENERAL SUMMARY (Location: Remote- Must live in Memphis, TN)
Under the supervision of Executive Director working out of the West TN region, the Community Outreach Manager is responsible for managing key components to support the successful execution of the market’s fundraising events and program activities. Responsible for executing the logistics for the Kidney Walk program and other fundraisers or donor cultivation events within the market. Responsible for exploring and assisting with National Kidney Foundation signature programs that may include kidney screenings, kidney health presentations, workshops, or other community-based programs.
This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the National Organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Executive Director in the planning, execution and evaluation of special events hosted in West TN including, but not limited to Kidney Walks, Signature Events, and other events as opportunities arise.
- Recruits committee members for both fundraising and programmatic activities
- Initiates and plans all marketing and communications needed to support programs and events in partnership with the Executive Director including managing social media platforms.
- Executes assigned components and logistics for Kidney Walks and other fund raising events as opportunities arise.
- Manages online fund-raising websites to promote the events, supports individual fundraising.
- Handles the bulk of inquiries regarding Rallybound and online walker/team management. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities ensuring reports for HQ are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Coordinate donation recognition letters for all event and program donors and sponsors.
- Executes assigned projects for the implementation of programs that include community-based screenings and education programs such as KEEP Healthy, Big Ask Big Give, and Your Kidneys and You.
- Oversees World Kidney Day/National Kidney Month planning and celebrations.
- Works closely with the Creative Services department to create and update local marketing materials.
- Assist with local event and program budgets.
- Updates local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Recruits, trains and manages volunteers for events and programmatic activities.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience in special event planning or fundraising.
- Experience in a health care field or with a non-profit health organization is preferred.
- Experience generating social media content.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Flexible for overnight business travel including the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.