Position Announcement: Associate Cloud Engineer, LTDS
Vanderbilt University and the Vanderbilt Libraries are in an exciting time of transformation. With new leadership at the Chancellor, Provost, and University Librarian levels, the Libraries are re-envisioning the future of library services at Vanderbilt. Through radical collaboration we seek to deepen student and faculty engagement with the libraries, equip students for life-long information proficiency, increase faculty research impact, create more opportunities for interdisciplinary experimentation, and optimize access to collections and resources, including marginalized and hidden histories and cultures.
We are seeking a team member to help us educate the next generation of leaders and enable research that solves our most pressing problems. We are looking for an innovative and user-centered problem solver ready to join our collaborative environment and transform library services.
The Associate Cloud Engineer will work with others in Library Technology and Digital Services (LTDS), the Libraries, and campus partners to develop and maintain library systems to increase discoverability of digital collections. The Associate Cloud Engineer will assist with building application tools that automate workflows in the cloud, manage metadata, and integrate systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a team environment to design, develop, and maintain modern applications that are secure and assist in making collections discoverable.
- Assist in development of guidelines and documentation for cloud services
- Experiment and implement new software services to enhance collection discovery using current and emerging tools.
- Respond to staff and user technical questions.
- Assist with workflows related to long term preservation and support.
- Collaborates with library and campus partners.
- A bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) AND an MLIS (Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science) OR a combination of education and demonstrated equivalent experience OR 6+ years of demonstrated equivalent experience is required.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of digital formats are required.
- Excellent communications skills and a collegial and supportive attitude are required.
- Relevant certification in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud is preferred.