Memphis Goodwill Industries Incorporated is seeking an experienced Janitor Supervisor for the Federal Building. This is a Monday-Friday position. Interested applicants should apply to https://bit.ly/contracts-MGII
Salary: $25/per hour
Under the direct leadership of the VP of Contracts, responsible for the administration and oversight of the Ability One contracts, ensuring contract standards are met, compliance with CARF, Source America/Ability One, and other government regulations.
· Mentor and train Team Leads and Employees.
· Ensures budget accountability-meet or exceed budget profitability expectations by exercising cost controls, particularly on labor, supplies, and repairs.
· Make recommendations and assisting the VP of Contracts in acquiring bids for supplies, equipment, and service.
· Maintain appropriate ratio of a minimum of 75% labor hours allocated to persons with disabilities.
· Ensure staffing levels are maintained to meet contract demands by monitoring staff retention and turnover.
· Identify and implement measures to increase retention and reduce turnover as necessary
· Maintain and revise daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual cleaning schedules
· Assist with the maintenance of a Quality Assurance plan to ensure quality standards are met.
· Maintain staff and team member morale through promoting good working relationships between supervisors, co-workers, and leadership team.
· Mentor and train Team Leads and Employees in leadership and teambuilding
· Ensuring client and staff evaluations are completed accurately and time
· Maintain compliance with Ability One and Goodwill policies and procedures. Participate in compliance audits as needed.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained on safety expectations and cleaning procedures.
· Communicate safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
· Evaluate operating practices for contract, make recommendations for improvement and oversee the implementation/adaptation of these practices.
· Attend process and performance meetings with Contract Operating Representative (CORs), Point of Contacts (POCs), AbilityOne MARS reviews and other contractual related meetings.
· Trains and supervises employees on methods to meet and exceed contract specifications.
· Other duties as assigned by leadership.
· Ability to effectively relate to persons with various types of disabilities, personalities, and cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to work with others in a team approach with management services.
· Ability to effectively communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
· Emotional Intelligence (EQ): high levels of self-awareness, maturity, and self-control
· Business systems, technology, procedures Windows Operating System, HRMS; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Publisher, and Outlook
· Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills with organizational leaders
· Excellent communication, decision making and problem-solving skills
· Must be able to work after-hours and weekends. This position may require travel to multiple locations daily.
· Incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage and a privately owned reliable means of transportation to travel throughout MGII territory to visit locations on a regular and recurring basis.
· Must be able to pass Federal security requirements.
Education & Experience:
· Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in janitorial/custodial roles
· Minimum of two (5) years’ experience in management role.
· Motivated with the desire to help others — particularly those with disabilities.
Critical Performance Factors
1. 1. Adhering to the 75% labor hours for those with disabilities.
2. 2. Revenue to Expense Ratios
3. 3. Quality of performance management measured by feedback from team leaders and operating results.
4. 4. Team Member Retention