- City Health Dashboard
This website sponsored by NYU Langone Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation provides health statistics for 500 of the largest U.S. cities in five key areas: Social and Economic Factors, Physical Environment, Health Behaviors, Health Outcomes, and Clinical Care. This project is intended to provide data to help cities understand and address health challenges in their community.
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
This collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute provides county health rankings as they compare to other counties within their state. Data is provided on factors that influence or are influenced by health.
- Health Statistics
Links to sources of health statistics provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- State Health Facts
State Health Facts is a project of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and provides free, up-to-date, and easy-to-use health data for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the United States. Find Tennessee state facts here.
- FASTATS from A to Z
An alphabetical listing of key terms for quick access to health statistics. This site is part of the National Center for Health Statistics provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Tennessee Department of Health: Health Statistics The Division of Policy, Planning, and Assessment (PPA) is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and sharing data to inform health policy and planning. PPA provides health reports, fact sheets, and visualizations (charts, graphs, maps, etc.) of data related to Tennesseans’ health.
- Injury Facts
The National Safety Council’s reference source for safety statistics provides data on preventable injuries and deaths. Not all data is available yet online, but Memphis Public Library has hard copies of the publication dating from 2017 back to 1999.
- Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery published this “authoritative source for current U.S. statistics on cosmetic surgery” that covers 39 cosmetic procedures and offers 8-year comparisons.
- American Hospital Directory
The American Hospital Directory’s website provides detailed information on almost every hospital in the United States. It has a free state-by-state listing of hospital profiles to serve as a standard for comparison for users.
- Trust for America’s Health
The Trust for America’s Health, a nonprofit organization, works to “make disease prevention a national priority.” Included on this website is a section entitled “Your State’s Health” which provides brief statistics on such areas as the percentage of adults with asthma or the percentage of obese adults. It also covers cancer tracking mechanisms and bioterrorism preparedness at the state level.
Health Information Center Online
Print This Page
- All of Us
- Children’s Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Diverse, Ethnic, Cultural Populations
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Drug Information
- General Health Concerns
- Health Information Center Newsletter
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Living Speaker Series
- Legal Health Issues
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Seniors’ Health
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Women’s Health