- Myths and Facts About Health Care Advance Directives
Published by the American Bar Association’s Commission on Law and Aging, this website exposes 10 of the legal myths regarding health care advance directives.
- AARP in Your State: Tennessee
This website provides information for seniors on the issues of advocacy, community service, news, announcements, and contact information for the state of Tennessee.
CaringInfo is a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. It offers information on a variety of senior issues including advance care planning with “free state-specific advance directive documents and instructions.”
- AGS Foundation for Health in Aging
The AGS Foundation for Health in Aging is a non-profit organization established in 1999 by the American Geriatrics Society.
- Consumer’s Tool Kit for Health Care Advance Planning
Published by the American Bar Association’s Commission on Law and Aging, this tool kit contains a variety of self-help worksheets, suggestions and resources to help users clarify and communicate what is important to them in the face of serious illness.
- National Institute on Aging
NIA, one of the 27 Institutes and Centers of NIH, leads a broad scientific effort to understand the nature of aging and to extend the healthy, active years of life.
- Exercise & Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging
“Think you are too old to start an exercise program?” Ease into an exercise program with this guide from the National Institute on Aging.
- Older Adult Health
Various sites selected for general information on seniors’ health issues at MEDLINEplus.
- Administration for Community Living
ACL’s mission is to maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities across the lifespan, and their families and caregivers.
- Alzheimer’s Association
A gateway to information for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and those caring for them.
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics
A full-text geriatric care manual for professionals. At the beginning of each topic is an option to get to the consumer version of that same topic.
- National Alliance for Caregiving
Provides support to family caregivers of older persons and the professionals who help them and tries to increase public awareness of issues facing family caregivers.
- CDC Older Adult Falls
Get the background, news and resources for preventing injuries among older adults from the CDC’s Home and Recreational Safety page.
- AARP: Health
Articles, advice, insurance options and community information are among the topics covered at this site provided by AARP.
- National Directory of Home Modification and Repair Resources
This resource is provided through the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology website homemods.org, which is “dedicated to promoting aging in place and independent living for persons of all ages and abilities.”
- Visit assisted-living-directory.com to search for assisted living accommodations for seniors by state.
Health Information Center Online
Print This Page
- All of Us
- Children’s Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Diverse, Ethnic, Cultural Populations
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Drug Information
- General Health Concerns
- Health Information Center Newsletter
- Health Statistics
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Living Speaker Series
- Legal Health Issues
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Women’s Health