This is a DoD SkillBridge Internship for active military members who are looking to transition into a civilian role.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
Bachelor Degree: Civil Engineering or Construction Management
ARMY – Horizontal Construction or any transferrable experience
NAVY – Construction or any transferable experience
MARINES- Any transferable experience
AIRFORCE – Pavements and Construction or any transferable experience
Assistant Project Management Intern Summary
The assistant project manager internship role is a key member of the construction division. This role is a conduit of information between the project managers, field crews, and our customers. The assistant project manager intern will follow bid quantities, actual quantities and costs, and coordinate between the field crews and customers. The assistant project manager role requires organization, goal orientated, self-directed, with the ability to handle multiple projects spread over various cities with minimal supervision or supplied information.
Assistant Project Management Intern Responsibilities
- Pre-Job Planning -Have a complete understanding of a project’s requirements.
- Assist in filling out prequalification forms.
- Assist the CAS with the preparation of bidding documents.
- Assist the PM and the Credit Manager in checking the credit status of the possible owner of the project or the general contractor.
- Help job foremen, PM’s and Controller to quantify, verify and report progress quantities in the ERP system both from LRC and subcontractors. Attention to detail and verification of these quantities is paramount to the success of our construction jobs.
- Cost Control / Cash Management
- Aid PM’s in their monthly Percentage of Completion (POC) calculations. Not responsible for the calculations, but may be asked to update progress, enter change orders, or verify quantities related to the successful completion of these calculations.
- Change Order Management / Job Management-Extensive working knowledge of our ERP and job costing system, Viewpoint Construction Software a plus.
- oHelp to enter and keep track of change orders at the request of PM’s.
Assistant Project Management Intern Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history required.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of road construction experience or other commercial construction experience; thorough understanding of project management fundamentals required.
- Must be team-oriented, articulate, flexible, highly productive, able to deal successfully with clients, consultants and Lehman-Roberts Company team members.
- Must have a strong sense of self-motivation and follow-through in a complex business environment and a mature approach to managing priorities.
- College degree a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Construction Software a plus, but not required.