Responsible for providing placement and follow up services to former enrollees and graduates in compliance with government and management directives.
· Be the principal point of contact for former enrollees and drop-outs during transition, placement and follow-up as appropriate.
· Initiate transitional support referrals to off-center placement specialists and other community agencies.
· Contact employers, Serrato representatives, and one-stop centers to arrange for interviews and other activities to promote initial placement.
· Make regular contact with former students during the placement and follow-up period; provide services as needed; document in the automated case management system.
· Verify, document and report placements using the automated system and ETA-678.
· Work closely with OA/CTS to gather information and maintain open communication with workforce development centers throughout the state (in which the center is operating).
· Produce and distribute placement and follow-up reports.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social
science, business, communications, or closely related field or an Associate’s
Degree and two years of related experience
A valid Regular Driver License is required.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and appropriate credentials to:
Finch-Henry Job Corps Center
Attn: Human Resources
Visit our website at https://serratocorp.com