Prepared by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration’s Office of Textiles and Apparel (“OTEXA”), this website offers comprehensive export information that includes procedures, documentation, tariffs, etc. on a country by country basis. Export programs designed to assist small to medium size businesses are also included on this website.
The U.S. Government Export Portal, Export.gov, contains links to information regarding the export of U.S. goods overseas. Use “Export Guides” or “How to Export” for guides on the international market, market plans, strategy development and more.
- Export Products – Small Business Administration
Small Businesses looking to increase sales and profit, reduce dependence on the domestic market and stabalize seasoned fluctuations should consider exporting.
- International Trade Administration
The International Trade Administration (ITA) assists U.S. companies and helps create trade opportunities. Online publications include “Basic Guide to Exporting” and “Export Program Guide.” Frequently asked questions answer questions about licensing, product standards, and locating importers and distributors.
- Importing Goods – Small Business Administration
The Small business Administration (SBA) provides information about stringent rules and regulations governing importing. Doing so without proper research can be costly. There are assistance programs and online data to help you have an informed and smooth importing process.
Small Business Resources
Print This Page
- Business Law
- Business Plans
- Entrepreneur Resources
- Financing Your Small Business
- Grants for Businesses
- Insurance for your Small Business
- Licenses and Permits
- Marketing Your Business
- Procurement: Doing Business with the Government
- Research for your Small Business
- Running and Growing a Business
- Starting and Structuring a Business
- Tax Information for Small Businesses