Library Card and Catalog Help
Notices for Due Dates and Holds
Due dates are provided at the time of checkout; however, the Library also offers courtesy notifications regarding hold and overdue items.
The preferred method is email. We will send you email notices:
- 3 days prior to your due date, 3 days after your due date, and 10 days after your due date.
- When a hold item is ready for pick-up and again a few days later if you have not picked it up yet.
- 2 weeks prior to your account renewal date as a reminder to bring proof of address to any Memphis Public Libraries location.
- Also, with email, you can utilize the automated “Forgot My PIN” process.
Second, you can choose to be notified via telephone. We will send you telephone notices:
- 7 days past the due date.
- When a hold item is ready for pick-up.
You may also call our automated telephone system to check on your account at any time (even if you have selected another method of notification).More Details on Calling the Automated Telephone System
NOTE: Instead of calling our automated telephone system, you could just log into your account and find the same information.
The Library’s automated telephone service allows you convenient access to your account at almost any time of the day or night.
You have access regardless of your work or school schedule, or whether the library is open or closed. Use this service to:
- Get a reminder of what materials you have checked out
- Find out if any materials are overdue
- Get a list of any fines you owe
- Learn what items you put on hold are ready for pick-up
- Renew materials
- Change your PIN
To use the automated telephone service, call 452-2047. Enter your library card number and PIN number when prompted. Then, just follow the automated voice prompts to access the services you need.